Frustrating---Absolutely!!!!! I hate going one day without some kind of workout. Instead of losing all hope of no workout, I decided to use the things around my house and create my own. I waited until Aiden napped, turned on my ipod and started working out. I could even get some things done around the house as I was exercising (added bonus).
Here are some of the things I did, and what I used for equipment.
- Running in Place; I did this in between exercises to keep my Heart Rate up.
- Running in Place with Overhead press; With backpack filled with books, I would press it up over my head (can be done stationary too)
- Walking Lunges; great for getting from one room to the next (maybe carrying a laundry basket?)
- Crunches; middle and obliques (your sides)
- Push-ups; sometimes on floor or angle out from a wall
- Bicep Curls; With backpack (held onto top loop, worked great)
- Squats; With "hugging" the backpack
- Step-ups; Using a single stair up and down or climb all the stairs several times
Give a try.